Monday, October 6, 2014

Going to the mattresses...

I really did not expect that these green covers were original. They did not seem to be worn enough (one has only one small hole on the top the other maybe 2). They have since been washed (the 'Sterilize' program of our washer) and are sitting outside ready for anyone who would want them
 And as it turns out the mattresses and its covers were original too! Delivery dates stamped as 3 Jan 1957.  I was most surprised about the 100% rubber mattresses. They were really well constructed quite heavy and if I would know how one can restore/repair those I would probably not have hauled them to the landfill.
We did keep these covers - also to be washed on the trusted 'Sterilize" program. I just don't want to throw those away in case one of the restore-to-original guys comes along and should want them

No comments:

Post a Comment