Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hoists

Not much progress this past week, despite the boss checking in on the progress (see pic below). I managed to build the hoists (will blog on Naddy's the renovation thread on airforums about them). One very nice airforum member provided a detailed plan, which makes it a matter of a few hours to construct them. They are done and they are up. I will say that it is a very bad idea attempting to put one of the gantry cranes up by yourself. I am 6' 7" and I tried and I miserably failed. The hoist came crashing down on me. The experience included a few bruises and a strained AC joint.
My wife had choice words for me, cannot blame her really. Anyhow, the gantry cranes are up and I am very excited - most of our neighbors are too :-)






    

No comments:

Post a Comment